Easy access to information online often makes it difficult for students to locate and evaluate appropriate and credible sources for assignments, research papers, and other activities. The TCSPP Library seek to empower students with the information literacy skills and concepts they need to succeed during their time at TCSPP and in their future endeavors.
With our instruction services, we work to build partnerships with faculty and campus programs to incorporate research skills and information literacy into courses and other learning experiences.
We collaborate with faculty to design:
- Instruction: Face-to-face or online instruction customized for your students, assignment, and course
- Research Assignments: Effective assignments that incorporate research skills and resources
- Guides and Tutorials: Research and course guides and tutorials that can be linked from Canvas
Library instruction and research help services support several learning goals and outcomes. Students attending instruction sessions or workshops, and engaging with our services will be able to:
- Explain the socio-political landscape of information, including who creates it, who controls it and where to find it.
- Articulate the value of information inquiry.
- Develop effective search strategies for finding information.
- Evaluate the appropriateness of information sources based on their format, structure, and purpose.
- Compile information ethically, following the standards of a scholarly discipline.