LibKey Nomad is an extension for web browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Microsoft Edge. It will help you find full text articles quickly and easily.
- After you install and configure LibKey Nomad, it will automatically scan for PDFs wherever your browse
- LibKey Nomad works with most TCSPP Library databases and online journals
- Look for the LibKey Nomad button on publisher websites as well as PubMed, Scopus, and Wikipedia
NOTE: While LibLKey Nomad is a convenient way to connect to full text resources licensed by the library, it does not connect with all library resources. To access all library resources, use OneSearch or search the library databases.
Go to: https://thirdiron.com/downloadnomad/
- It will prompt you to select a compatible internet browser
- The page will jump to your extensions page, select to add to your browser
- Click the Add Extension button
LibKey Nomad requires your permission to change data on sites you visit.
Once LibKey Nomad is installed, you will be prompted to select an institution. You can type "TCS Education" in the box to get a short list quickly. Click TCS Education to complete the process:
LibKey Nomad in Action
LibKey Nomad scans the pages you visit for publisher URLs. When you land on a page with an article that is available to download, you get a banner alert at the bottom of your screen. Click to download the PDF.
- An alternate icon, Access Options, may appear for publications that do not support a PDF. if you select this option, LibKey Nomad will then show you the options you do have for accessing that material.
- If there is no full text available, LibKey Nomad guides you to other options for finding full text Interlibrary Loan